Monday, May 19, 2008

CaLifOrniA DrEAmiNg...

Irvine Park-- this is where our family reunion will be. When we were in high school Brandon and I went on lots of walks and picnic dates here. Once the wheels on my roller blades crumbled and I had to walk back to the beginning of the trail barefoot. Another time a goat chomped on Brandon's shirt at the petting zoo. This is also the place where Brandon and I first said, "I love you." Fun memories...
Our favorite beach (somewhere just north of Laguna). It is really private and the water is so clear. The best part is the huge tide pool. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved tide pools. Eight years ago Brandon and I had our first kiss while we were exploring this particular tide pool.
This is the hotel in Dana Point where we'll be staying for a night, just so that we can have some alone time. If the weather is good we'll do a little kayak surfing while we're down there.

Just a few more days until we're in sunny Orange County (and I can hardly wait to play at the beach and visit my family). California is always a good idea. One of these days we'll have to take Scout with us-- I'd love to take him to the dog beach.
In other news, the weather has actually been quite beautiful around here lately-- so in a way I hate to leave. It is quite possible that the summer heat will have set in by the time we get back, so I'm enjoying every bit of the mild weather while it lasts. This morning I worked in the garden (By the way, if any more plants die under the tree in our front yard I refuse to replant anything else!) and tomorrow I'm thinking of working on my tan. Oh, what a life... someday soon I'll have to return to reality (but who says I can't enjoy it while it lasts?)!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Your website is so cute! Just like you, Jenn. Someday I hope to be able to learn how to do one of these. Your California photos and descriptions make me wish I had been a California girl. I almost was. My parents were on their way to Long Beach for a teaching job my dad had lined up and they got cold feet in Detroit. Ah well, now I seem to be surrounded by former Californians who have moved to Utah. Guess this the meeting place.

Ginny

Me said...

Wow, did you take those pictures? They're great! California is always a good idea. Unless it's up North, 'cause it's cold and rainy up here a LOT, so I wouldn't say it's always as good an idea here. . .