Ahh, sleep training...
I have to admit that we've been pretty lucky with Ruby. She has consistently slept for at least 9-11 hours at a night since she was really young. Until last week she was waking up every morning at either 3 or 5 am for a bottle and then going back to sleep until 6:30. Not bad when you consider that she went to bed at 7 pm. However, the early morning feeding was starting to wear on me and my friend (bless you Lesley) reassured me that Ruby is old enough to give up that feeding. So, I went back to Ferber's book for advice on how to break the habit and started decreasing the amount of milk that she got at each early morning feeding. Finally 2 nights ago we went cold turkey. She still woke up at 5 am and cried for milk, but after 15 minutes she gave up and went back to sleep until 7 am (which is an ideal wake up time for Mommy). She did the same thing again this morning, but I have faith that she'll eventually stop waking up and crying by the end of this week. When we've accomplished our mission it really will be a goodnight!
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
2 comments:
YAY YAY YAY! Uninterrupted sleep for Mamma! I knew Ruby Roo could do it! Now she is gorgeous AND a perfect sleeper. Awesome!
Honestly, I think sometimes babies do get thirsty too. I know I wake up thirsty sometimes in the night so I keep water next to my bed. Sometimes Jos still wakes up and wants a drink so I put a sippy cup of water where she can find it. She will often wake up, take a swig of it, and go right back to sleep. Just a thought in case she really is thirsty.
Post a Comment