Anxiously awaiting Wyatt's arrival
The last few weeks of this pregnancy I started to experience moderate pregnancy induced hypertension. Every day got a little more uncomfortable than the previous. I had elevated blood pressure, a huge amount of swelling, and a tingling sensation in my hands and arms. I was admitted to the hospital twice for stress tests and was ready to schedule an induction because I was beginning to seriously worry about my health and that of my unborn baby.
Needless to say, I was relieved when my body went into labor 11 days early. It was exactly a week after we moved into our new home in Draper. I woke up to use the restroom at 1:30 in the morning. As I was walking back to the bed my water broke. Brandon must have sensed something was wrong because he asked me if I was okay and I replied, "Yeah, I think my water just broke." He popped up out of bed and insisted that we get our belongings, wake up the baby, and head to the hospital. On our way there we called my mother in law and made arrangements for her to meet us at the hospital to pick up Ruby.
Upon arrival the hospital nurses confirmed that my water broke and immediately admitted me into labor and delivery. Brandon and I waited and rested while my body tried to further dilate. By 9:30 that morning I still hadn't dilated past 2.5 centimeters, so the doctor started giving me doses of pitocin to induce labor. I was nervous that it would speed up labor significantly and I wouldn't have time for an epidural, so I ended up getting my epidural at the same time I started the pitocin. Just before it was time to push my epidural wore off. The nurse explained that I could push and quickly get the labor over with or get a second dose of the epidural-- I took the epidural (and am so glad I did). As soon as it took effect I started pushing and little perfect Wyatt Paul was born with in 10 minutes (1:32 pm). The moment I felt him enter the world and heard him cry I was overcome with so many emotions. It never ceases to amaze me how spiritual the birthing experience is. Brandon and I will forever cherish the moment we met our son for the first time.
First precious snuggle
Little man looks like a mini Brandon
He weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz and was 19 inches long. Did I mention that I'm so grateful he was early? Had he been on time (or 5 days late like his sister) he would have been huge!
We spent the next 2 days recovering in the hospital. It was wonderful to have so many family members stop by and meet Wyatt while he was still so new to the world. Ruby loved him from the moment she laid eyes on him. She came by every morning we were there. Each day she wanted to hold him, kiss him, hug him, and pet his head.
We feel so blessed to have such a sweet new addition to our little family. He has filled a void in our lives that we didn't realize exsisted. While we can hardly wait to see who he'll be, we are thoroughly enjoying snuggling and cuddling him while he's tiny and mellow.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
2 comments:
He is such a mini Brandon! Now you have a mini-you and a mini-him =) Congratulations on your new wee one. I'm glad the delivery went so well - smart choice with the epidural. I would have done the same!
Wow! He really does look just like Brandon!! Such a cute family!
Post a Comment