Friday, June 17, 2011

So Blessed




The other day I made a trip to down town SLC because I needed to bring my laptop into the apple store. When I got there I realized that I needed an appointment for the "genius bar" geeks to look at it, which meant that I would have to wait for an hour and a half. Luckily it was a beautiful day and Baby Gap had bathing suits on sale. I quickly got one for Ruby and let her play in the outdoor fountains while we waited. It was so fun to watch her laugh and dance around. The innocence and simplicity of childhood is magical-- even for Mommy. In between getting soaked she ran over to me and gave me a big juicy kiss and hug-- needless to say it made my day.
And while I sat there watching her play I got a little teary-eyed. Here was this completely unplanned precious memory that we were sharing in the middle of a work day. It got me thinking that if I had been working I would have missed out on this and so much more. Now I know that not every mom can or even wants to stay home with her children, but it is something I've always dreamed of. However, every once in awhile I get the bug to go back to teaching or further my education and enroll in a school master's degree program. While I watched my baby girl play I realized that I'm so grateful that I get to put my career and formal education on hold. These little ones grow up too quickly and life is so short. I feel blessed to share my work days with my babies. Wet hugs on a warm summer day don't hold a candle to anything else that I could be doing right now. Thanks Ruby, Wyatt, and Brandon for making my life so rich and rewarding.

0 comments: