Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This is Halloween



I've inherited my love of all things Halloween from my mom.  Growing up it was always a big, fun deal for her and us.  She would paint my nails, make elaborate costumes, decorate everything, and throw great parties.  I don't do half of what she did but I do have a few boxes of decorations (most of which she gave me) and love planning the kids' costumes.



Plus, about 4 or 5 years ago I started the spooky dinner tradition in our home-- which is even a big hit with Brandon.

This year Ruby decided to be a mermaid.



Since I love a theme Wyatt dressed as a pirate and Scout was a shark.



Wyatt loved Scout's costume so much it caused him to utter his first (almost clear) sentence "Scout's a shark!"  Scout was a good sport.



Let's just say we rewarded him handsomely for dressing up (and putting up with Wyatt pulling him around by his shark tail) with some doggy treats.

Brandon's sister Chelsea and cousin Katie drove down from BYU to join our festivities.  After our spooky dinner (This year's menu: pumpkin veggie platter, bat kabobs, squid, worms, blood sauce, and franken-pudding) we all headed outside to trick or treat.







The weather was PERFECT-- no jackets required!  Ruby was really into it and even Wyatt surprised us with his enthusiasm.  The best was that Wyatt wanted us to push the stroller as close to the door as possible.  He'd climb out, get his candy, plop back in the stroller, and command us to "go."  Sheesh!  We felt like the royal majesty's servants! lol



After trick or treating.  The girls stayed late and we convinced Brandon to stay up late and eat candy and watch a scary movie with us-- Insidious.  BTW, it's really quite scary- even for me.  Occasionally I still wake up a little frightened of that red demon...



 Basically, it was the most fun I've had on Halloween in a long time.

0 comments: