Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Half of January-- a little recap

I can't believe we're already half way into the first month of the new year!  Time flies.  Here's a little recap of what we've been up to.

Belated Anniversary Celebration--


Since we were sick on our real anniversary we decided to have an anniversary "do over."  Last weekend Brandon cashed in a bunch of Am Ex and Marriott Travel Rewards Points and we had a quick, free staycation celebration in Park City.  We stayed at the Park City Marriott, ate amazing food, window shopped, and skied at Park City Resort.  Our favorite part were the 6 outdoor hot hubs.  We throughly enjoyed them on Friday night and then again on Saturday afternoon after a day of skiing.  Thanks to all the grandmas and aunts who watched our kids for us.  It takes a village...


Ruby's 1st day of Primary--


My baby girl graduated from nursery to primary this year.  Since I also teach in the primary I get to watch her interact with her classmates and teachers during sharing/music time.  While a good portion of the other children were crying or hiding under their chairs on the first day Ruby was really enjoying herself.  When the primary president announced the week's birthdays Ruby volunteered the fact that she'd have a birthday at the end of the month and a pirates/princess party to celebrate it-- out loud in front of the entire primary.  She's not shy.  After church she told us all about Jesus, her new teachers, classmates, and the songs she got to sing.  I'm so glad she likes going.  It makes my heart happy to see her excited about the gospel.

My 31st Birthday--
Yep, I'm over the hill and enjoying the descent. :)  All I really wanted this year was a slice of 30th anniversary cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and a movie night with my man so we could go see Les Miserable.  After a routine day-- gym, preschool, grocery shopping, story reading, and play dough mess-making--my amazing mama watched the kiddos so that my man could make all my birthday dreams come true.  In a lot of ways it was a simple birthday, but quite delightful.  I'm blessed with a wonderful family and every year that I get to spend in their company is a reason to celebrate and be happy.

Up coming exciting events--
Ruby's 4th birthday, Wyatt's 2nd birthday, Chelsea and Russell's wedding (They moved it from May 15 to February 16); so the next few weeks will be full of party planning and parties.  Stay tuned for more posts.

0 comments: