Sunday, October 5, 2014

Toddler Talk

Kids are so funny.  I love this stage of life and don't want to ever forget what the world looks and sounds like to my littles, so when we have a particularly funny conversation or I overhear them say something memorable I like to record it.  Here is a collection of things I've heard over the past 6 months or so:

Wyatt sneezes while facing the toilet bowl and then proclaims, "Mom, I bless you'd into the toilet."

Dinner conversation one night::
Me- Hey Wyatt, do you want to build a snowman?
Wyatt- There's no snow!
Brandon- What if I could magically make snow?
W- Outside?!
Ruby- No, the snow makes me cold.
B- The cold never bothered me anyway!

Wyattisms: "Roofy" (Ruby), "Crackee" (cracker), "Suckee" (sucker), "Bapple" (apple)

One day Ruby looked Scout over and then asked me in all sincerity why he doesn't have "rocks" like Scout.  I'll let you figure out what she's talking about... (here's a hint: Scout is neutered)

Ruby- "Mom, I know what the boobies thing is in the ocean.  It's so you don't swim past it."

Ruby- When Jesus comes again I want to draw him a picture and give him some flowers and a hug and a kiss.  What state do you think he'll want to live in?  If it's far away we can get on a plane and visit him.

Wyatt toots while sitting next to me on the couch.  I look over and say, "toot!"  He responds, "It's okay.  It's just in my pants."  Oh, good....

Rubyisms: Book of Mormon and The Book of Bible

One morning I forgot to buckle Ruby in her carseat before I pulled out of driveway,  She shouted at me: "You forgot to buckle me in!  Safety first!"

Lately, me kids have been very interested in Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles (even though they've yet to see any of the cartoons or movies).  They asked me to teach them the theme song.  Not long after I heard Ruby singing, "Teenage Newton Ninja Turtles-- turtles in a half shell.  Turtle power!"

Me- "Mary is having eye surgery tomorrow."
R- "Is she blindfolded or something?"  I think she meant is she blind. lol

Ruby is our emergent little reader.  She knows her letters and sounds, some sight words, and lots of concepts of print.  She likes to pretend to read to herself and the rest of us.  One night she was "reading" to use from her unicorn book.  It went something like this: "Unicorns can be so obnoxious.  When it was time for the flood they ran into the forest instead of getting on Noah's ark."

M- "If I haven't dilated at all in the past week I'm going to throw something at the wall."
W- "Make sure it's soft."  He's well trained...

0 comments: