Sunday, December 7, 2014

Santa! Oh my God! Santa's Coming! I know him! I know him!


I wish my kids were as excited as Buddy the Elf to see Santa, but they always get seriously shy while they wait in line to chat with the guy in the big red suit.

This year we unexpectedly stumbled upon him the day after Thanksgiving at the aquarium.  We were totally unprepared-- the kids weren't in their Christmas outfits, Levi was asleep in the stroller, and I'm pretty sure that Wyatt hadn't even brushed his hair; but it was FREE and there were 2 people in line in front of us so we thought we were pretty lucky to bump into him.


Ruby was a little quiet, but she did sit next to him and talk to him.  Wyatt refused to say a word and only came close because Brandon sat down on the bench, too.  On the way home Wyatt confessed that he didn't talk to him because it wasn't the real Santa Claus.  (Ruby told Wyatt that it was one of Santa's helpers who was doing what Santa would do if he were here instead of at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas.)

As soon as we got home they wrote him letters, just to clarify that he knows what they want for Christmas.

Love my silly kids and this Christmas tradition.

0 comments: