It probably seems like we've fallen off the face of the planet-- I haven't posted anything in awhile and we were gone on vacation for nearly 2 weeks. Now we're back home attempting to unpack and trying to get back into our daily routines. I have so many fun vacation adventures to share with ya’ll, but first I have something exciting to announce-- I'M PREGNANT (the due date is January 28)!
We tried for nearly 2 years. I spent 8 months on clomid with out any luck. Just before I got pregnant Brandon and I did a whole battery of tests with a fertility specialist. We were weighing our options, trying to decide which procedure to do, when we got pregnant NATURALLY! We feel really blessed.
The first trimester was a little rough. I lost 7 pounds due to the vomiting and major food aversions-- too bad I gained 5 of them back on vacation!
The start of the second trimester has been delightful. I'm not sick or excessively tired and smells aren't as intense as they used to be (so now I don't have to send Brandon out to buy the groceries and I can cook again). Plus, I can still wear my normal clothing, so I'm pretty comfortable. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm entering the best part of the pregnancy-- and so far I agree.
I'll fill you in on updates as they come. So far I've had one ultrasound, but that was nearly six weeks ago (so the baby just looked like a lima bean). I've heard the heartbeat twice-- the first time Brandon was holding my hand and I cried. It is so amazing to have life growing inside of you. We've waited a long time for this little blessing and we just keep hoping and praying that he/she continues to grow strong and healthy.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
6 comments:
Congrats, you two! You'll have to let us know when you know the gender! Or, are you going to (try to) find out?
Yay for babies!!!!! Welcome to the club : ) It took us a little while too so I can understand the frustration. Congratulations both of you! I agree that you are entering the easiest part, but I think it gets more exciting each week as you get to know this sweet little person. Keep us updated!
JENN!!! I am so glad that you have finally announced your little miracle from the roof tops that are our blog sites! I heard through a wee little bird a month or so ago that you were expecting but didn't want to say anything if this was HUSH HUSH news! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU BOTH!!! I love you and can't wait to meet baby Linford!
Jennifer Linford!! I am so seriously thrilled for you. I know how much you guys have been wanting and trying, and I am so grateful the blessing has come to you! You will be amazing parents, and I'm excited to read all your pregnancy updates in the blog! So so so happy for you both, your little family is starting!!!
I am so excited for you guys! Kate told me she's excited to play with the new baby when he/she arrives. Glad to hear you are feeling better. The first trimester can be a doozey.
You have no idea how excited I am for you two. You are going to be an incredible mom. Please keep us updated on through you blog. The
2nd trimester is the best so enjoy.
Post a Comment