Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Family visit

This past week Brandon and I took Ruby to Utah. Brandon had some business meetings and my mom was going to the temple for the first time, so we planned to come play for a few extra days.



It was an amazing experience to escort my mom through the temple and be with my family as we did some proxy sealing work for close family members that have passed. I'm so proud of my mom and the other strong women in our family. What a blessing it was to share that experience with her, Brandon, and my grandma-- I probably won't get many days like that in my lifetime.



While we were up there Little Ruby also got to meet her great grandparents (Brandon's side of the family), shop with Mimi (Great Grandma Ruby) and Grammy (Grandma Dona), take two sets of family pictures, and play with her aunts and uncles.





She barely had any tummy time, because someone always wanted to hold her. I can't say I love Utah (that's putting it mildly), but I'd really love to live closer to family.



Every time I see how much they love our little Ruby girl I wish that she could spend more time with them. Thanks to our family for making this week so memorable. We'll be back...

1 comments:

kat said...

That is so neat that you were able to be with your mom her first time through the temple. And I know what you mean about not wanting to live in Utah, but still wanting to be close to family. It's a conundrum: )