Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Success!

Ruby made her first deliberate sign yesterday! While feeding her lunch she made the sign for milk. At first I thought she was playing with her hands, but I decided to follow through and see if she really wanted milk. I made here a bottle and she drank it. Of course Brandon didn't believe me, but she did it again this morning while I was feeding her breakfast. This time she even repeated the sign when I gave her the bottle. Luckily Brandon was home to witness it! I'm so glad that she's starting to communicate with us. Every day with her is more fun than the one before it.
Oh, and she's cutting her third tooth...what a grown up little baby!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That's great! She is such a smart little gal!

Erin said...

Yay Ruby! Such a big girl.

dietzfam06 said...

That's pretty exciting, milk was Eliza's first sign too and she was probably about Ruby's age. It has been pretty fun to watch her lately because her signing has just exploded, she signs things that I didn't know that she knew. Granted we use sign language a little more than most families probably do but it is still a lot of fun to see them start understanding things and making connections.