This Fourth of July I convinced my sister in law to run the Freedom 5k with me in SLC. It was so nice to have a running buddy. We finished the race in 35 minutes 42 seconds; which still isn't fast, but it is 4 and a half minutes quicker than I finished my last 5k (in April). Our mile average was 11 minutes and 30 seconds. Too bad she's moving to Washington DC for an internship in the fall. I was really hoping that she'd train with me for a 10k in October...
Brandon was a real trooper and got the kids up early and to the race in time to see me and Alyssa cross the finish line. Ahhhh, so sweet! I love hearing "Go Mommy!" as I'm running.
That afternoon we all took naps and then partied with my in-laws. Ruby loves to swim, but she especially loves it when the whole family is around to play with her!
We got the kids home just in time to watch fireworks from the window in our master bedroom. It was a lovely day (except for the neighbors who let their teenagers shoot fireworks-which are illegal in our neighborhood- on our lawn; but that's a story for another day...).
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment