Our pediatrician recommended that we take Ruby for her first dental well check between 2.5 and 3 years old. I decided that sooner was better than later in case she had any cavities, so I made the appointment around her half birthday. In the weeks preceding her visit I really tried to talk up the dentist. I told her how nice he was and explained what he would do (count her teeth, look in her mouth, let her choose a toy from his treasure box). Mission accomplished-- I made it seem so exciting that she requested to go several times before the actual day of her appointment.
When we got there she loved playing with the toys in the waiting room and meeting all the friendly workers in the office. After her cleaning and check up the dentist told her she was free to go and she said, "No, I want to stay here." Oh, boy! I'm glad she had a positive experience, but staying there seems a little over the top, right? BTW, her teeth were squeaky clean!!! I'm so relieved. (She loves to brush her teeth, but rarely lets me get a good scrubbing after she's done.) And now that the dentist gave her a package of flossers she's obsessed with them. She asks to floss several times a day. I guess there are worse problems. Hopefully oral hygiene is always this important to her.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment