On Sunday Wyatt celebrated his half birthday. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up! He is still our little love bug.
He is super cheerful and loves to be surrounded by the family. If we leave him alone in a room he freaks out, but as long as we're near he's a happy camper.
He likes to chill out on blankets and play in his entertainer. He is starting to outgrow his swing, but occasionally he'll stay in it for about 20 minutes-- just long enough for me to get dinner organized. Whew!
He loves dinner time. And Ruby loves to make him laugh and blow raspberries when they are eating (the high chair is right next to Ruby's booster). We still haven't given him vegetables yet; but we will by the end of the week. About a week ago I finally weaned him off of nursing. I had only been producing about 2 ounces every feeding and supplementing the rest with formula, so it's quite a relief to not have to nurse and prepare bottles.
Wyatt is a great sleeper. He usually goes down for the night between 8-9 and sleeps until about 7-7:30. Sometimes he wakes up hungry at 5:30, but if he does he eats and goes right back sleep for another 3 or so hours. During the day he takes 2 solid naps-- 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon-- as well as a few 30 minute catnaps here and there.
Everywhere we go people comment on his size. "He's a tank! What a chunker! Such a big boy!" I've heard it all... And the truth is that he IS perfectly round and healthy-- and we wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish that he wouldn't outgrow his clothes so quickly!
We can't get enough of our smiley little man. We're having a ball watching him grow up and are excited to see all the strides he'll make in the next 6 months of his life. Stats to come after his well check on Friday...
(This was a HIGHLY assisted sit. About 2 seconds after I took this picture he toppled over. His bottom is still a little too round to support sitting.)
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
1 comments:
"I hope oral hygiene is always this important to her!" Hilarious!
We've got dental appointments for the boys in the near future, and I am so glad to know how you made it such a success!
Little (big) Wyatt is SO cute! He reminds me of Ian at that age! Wyatt is so handsome, and it's fun to know that such a sweet personality goes with his good looks!
Post a Comment