Wednesday, December 7, 2011

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I'm sure you've all read the picture book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff. You know, the story about a little mouse who gets a cookie and then needs a glass milk and a napkin, and so on and so on.

Well, we recently repainted the interior of our house and while the painter was out here I asked him to give me a quote for painting the kitchen cabinets. It was so affordable that we decided to hire him to do it instead of undertaking it ourselves. Then we noticed that the old cheap laminate countertop was glued on to the cabinets in some locations, so we knew it would have to go before refinishing the cabinets. And while we were replacing the countertops we ordered the new appliances so that we'd have the correct dimensions to give the countertop fabricators. Oh, and a new countertop meant a new sink and faucet. After all that work we decided to go the extra mile and finish off the job with new hardware for the cabinets, a lighting fixture to hang above the table, curtains for the window, and a few barstools. So, as you can see, this mouse got a cookie...
We're currently in the middle of all of this renovation madness, but by Christmas it should be 95% done. Merry Christmas to Mama! Pictures to come...

1 comments:

Jamie and Ben said...

Sheesh! I'm excited to see the changes. Your place was already amazing as it was I can't wait to see it even better. And I can't WAIT to finally own a place... ya know... in 5 years.

And no I never liked Dr. Seuss... at least I don't remember liking them. But often I think about our performance when Charlotte watches the Cat in the Hat cartoon. Where are those pictures?