Saturday, April 7, 2012

New York

Central Park Cherry Blossoms in bloom.


I've always wanted to see New York in the springtime. This year to celebrate my big 3-0 Brandon suggested that we go together. Thanks to free babysitting (perk of living close to family) and lots of frequent flyer miles we were able to make it happen.

A view from the High Line.

I had a very ambitious itinerary:
Central Park, Central Park Zoo, The Met, The Museum of Natural History, The Guggenheim, The Museum of Modern Art, The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Plaza, Times Square, The 9/11 Memorial, The Empire State Building, The Highline, The Financial District, shopping at FAO Schwartz and Muji, Grand Central Station, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Brooklyn Bridge, Broadway, and all of the gourmet cupcake shops I could find!
In the span of 5 days we did it all except Grand Central Station, The Brooklyn Bridge, and Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.
And needless to say, we were happy and exhausted!

Just outside the West 72nd subway station. We saw tulips EVERYWHERE!

We missed the kids, but I have to admit that it was soooooo nice just to spend time together and have uninterrupted adult conversations and sleep. Brandon thinks it's funny that I found the flight to NY relaxing. But, seriously, for the last 3 years I haven't been able to sit down, listen to my ipod, read, or sleep on a flight; so yes, I found it relaxing.

0 comments: