Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's been like forever...




I can't believe how long it's been since I last updated our family journal.  Way too long-- thanks for the friendly reminder Mom.

Ruby Roo and Miss McKenzie dressed alike.

We've been enjoying our summer-- gardening, hiking, biking, visiting with old friends, playing outdoors, and doing lots of swimming (in our backyard, at the gym, and Grandma's house).
Riding the ponies at Thanksgiving Point
Drying off after an afternoon swim in the yard.

Ruby has developed an affinity for night gowns.

Wyatt loves his kick board.

We even had an impromptu road trip to Grass Valley, Ca to visit Brandon's grandparents, but sad news-- my camera was broken, Brandon forgot to bring his re-chargeable battery for his, and my phone memory was practically full; so I got just a handful of awesome pictures.  Sigh...  It was paradise, though.  You'll have to take my word.



The lake and river were both pristine and the weather was perfect.  It was an ideal vacation in so many ways-- we spent the day frolicking in the water, soaking up the sun, and building sand castles.

Oh, and visiting with his grandparents was good fun, too. It was so nice of them to host our rambunctious little bunch.  I wish we could do it more often.  



Even the car trip wasn't too obnoxious this time around--mainly because my mother-in-law went with us, so there was always an adult in the backseat to keep the troops entertained.

Poor sick baby girl
During our blogging hiatus we also had a round and a half with the most terrible virus.  No joke--we all had two and a half weeks of a seriously painful sore throat and congestion.  It even backed up and caused me, Ruby, and Wyatt to develop ear infections!  I slept on the couch most of those nights just so I wouldn't wake my family up from my non-stop coughing.  At one point we were all down and out with the virus and my mom rescued us by making us dinner and hanging out with our kids.  It was pathetic and awful.  I'm glad my mom took pity on us.  I hope it's gone for good.  I'm not up for being under the weather again any time soon.

Ruby is in doing her second session of swim lessons.  I can't believe what a brave little fishy fish she is this year.  She is so much more confident than last summer.  I really enjoy watching her jump in the pool and bounce around in the water with her friends and instructor.

Little fishy fish


They are currently working on swimming the length of the pool freestyle and also on their backs using "monkey, airplane, solider" arms and legs.  At the end of the lesson they always play a few games.  Her favorite is animals in a basket.  She frequently volunteers to be the first animal and almost always wants to be a unicorn.  She even makes a unicorn horn with her finger in the middle of her forehead-- it's pretty hilarious.

Popsicle face



Wyatt gets cuter and cuter every day.  He looks like a little cherub.  His big blue eyes, short red hair, and luscious chipmunk cheeks are too much for me to resist!  He is also communicating more (Can I get a hallelujah?!).  So far I've heard him say, "More, Mama, Dada, Dog, Baaaa (balloon), go, maa (milk), all done, ball."  He signs most of those words when he says them.  Sometimes animals confuse him-- he frequently calls cats dogs.  In time he'll learn... He loves, loves, loves to give kisses, hugs, and head butts, and sit in your lap if you're sitting on the floor.  Playing dinosaurs and airplane with Daddy is probably his favorite pastime.


Traditional 4th of July swim


If he gets hungry he'll walk over to his high chair, squawk, and sign eat or do the same at the fridge.  Even though he's only 17 months old, we sent him to nursery for the first time last Sunday and he seemed to really love it.  Because our nursery is so big he and Ruby aren't in the same class, but she didn't seem to mind.



Every day is an adventure.  We hope your summer is as marvelous as ours has been so far (minus the virus).  Keep the sunshine, sun block, and good times coming...

0 comments: