Remember what our kitchen looked like a little over a year ago when we moved in?
 |
| Old mismatched white appliances and dark cupboards |
 |
Stained, unrepairable cabinetry and UGLY hardware
|
 |
Glass panels that revealed basic builder's grade interiors
|
 |
| Chipped laminate counter tops |
 |
| And who can forget this guy? |
Well, no more!
 |
The new and improved view! The wall looks so much darker than it is really (lighting/camera trick, I suppose)
|
 |
| New appliances- love my slide in range with warming drawer |
 |
| Colonial Creme granite counter tops, new under mount sink with a faucet that works! |
 |
| Clean, fresh white cabinets (with interiors that match) |
 |
| New, classic hardware |
 |
| Beautiful sparkly tile backsplash |
We just finished the last of the big kitchen overhaul projects-- the tile backsplash. It took me at least 4 months to decide what I wanted and then another few to execute (hey, I'm a busy Mama). I went with a glass, marble mosaic cut in an off set linear pattern.
 |
| This was the sample-- looks more consistently white, right? No worries, I love how the blue/grey picks up on similar accents in the granite. |
The frosted pieces have a grey-blue hue, which was a surprise; but I'm happy with the end result. Even Brandon remarked how much it adds to the space and how happy he is that we did it.
Here's what's left to do to make it complete:
- accessorize
I'm dreaming of a KitchenAid Mixer. I can't decide which color...
 |
| Tangerine, If I'm feeling playful/bold |
 |
| Contour Silver, If I'm feeling boring/safe. |
 |
| Aqua Sky, If I'm feeling whimsical |
- replace the kitchen table with a more modern one
 |
I love the simplicity (and price tag) of this guy from Ikea.
|
 |
I could also be tempted by this more industrial style (also from Ikea)
|
 |
And I think either one would look great with simple, clean, white chairs like this (Ikea)
|
- buy some bar stools
 |
| These (from Overstock) would be great because we could tuck them under the counter and use the buffet for parties. |
 |
| I adore these from Crate and Barrel. |
- add a chalk board wall, something along these lines:
3 comments:
Wow!!! I love it sooo much! Someday, when I get a house and I need to make it over, I'm coming to you for ideas!
It looks fantastic! I love the color and the backsplash. good work:)
Beautiful! I'm in love. So fresh and ginormous looking. Good for you! And go aqua blue... I love that mixer... although the orange would be a fun spunk of color. Miss your face.
Post a Comment