Monday, April 27, 2015

Levi's 6 Mo Update


Levi is now 6 months old.... whaaaaat?  That was the fastest 1/2 year of my life!  Our tiny human is possibly the sweetest baby ever.  He loves to smile and flirt with anyone and everyone.  I can always tell when he's awake in the stroller because everyone around us suddenly lights up.


He's a mover. When you hold him he likes to kick his legs and when you put him on the ground he likes to move.  He scooches on his belly and rolls to get around. Just a few days ago he discovered that he now has the strength to push up onto all fours.  He lurches forward, but then falls flat.  He hasn't quite figured out how to crawl, but he wants to and I suspect that it won't be long before he's successful.  Heaven, help us!


He also has started unassisted sitting.  He's getting more and more steady every day, but we still don't trust him to sit alone, because eventually he nose dives.


He's also a snuggler.  He loves to be held close, rocked, and still prefers to take his afternoon nap in Mom's arms.  I'm not complaining.



Most nights he goes to bed between 7-8 pm and then wakes up at 11 for a quick feeding, but will then sleep until 7 in the morning. Last night he slept from 8-7:30.  It was pretty awesome, but I'm not sure if it was anomaly or the beginning of a new phase.  He has slept through the night a handful of times, so I have a feeling that he's ready for sleep training.  Maybe I'll get around to that soon...



His constant reflux has gotten much better.  So much so, that I stopped putting gas drops in his bottles.  I think his digestive system just needed time to develop and mature.  He tried rice cereal a handful of times over the last month, but didn't really love it.  I gave him green beans for the first time yesterday.  He didn't seem to love that either (but can you really blame the guy?).  Over the next month we'll start to expose him to a slew of pureed vegetables and fruits.  Hopefully, he'll like something.



We sure love our tiny, happy little guy.  He really is the lovey of our house.  I can hardly remember our family with out him.  It makes my heart happy to see how much Ruby and Wyatt adore him.  Just today I overheard Ruby trying to convince her neighborhood friend that Levi is the cutest baby ever.  He would concede that he's cute, but couldn't quite agree that he was the cutest baby ever. lol


6 month stats:
weight-16 lbs 5 oz (25%)
height- 26.9" (70%)
head circumference- 17.7" (75%)


0 comments: