On May 16 Ruby had her first dance recital with the Virgina Tanner Creative Dance Program. I have to admit, it was my favorite! I (not so secretly) hope she wants to dance with them for a long time. I love how they emphasize the joy of movement and dancing. They really encourage creativity alongside good technique.
All of the pieces in the show were based on the book "What Do You Do With An Idea?" It was really well done and a total joy to watch Ruby prance and leap around the stage.
Even though it was rainy, all the grandmas made it (as did Aunt Brooke), Ruby felt very loved. They showered her with praise and flowers and cookies (per her request lol). We got her a signed copy of the book the show was based on and she really cherishes it.
Bravo, Ruby! Keep dancing-- you're a star!
0 comments:
Post a Comment