Our neighbors/friends decided to take an impromptu camping trip over the 4th of July weekend.
Brandon and the kiddos love camping, but I like to tease that I'm too glamorous to go, however, when the Owens invited us to tag along with them I thought it sounded like fun. Since camping requires so much work and involves so much dirt, I have some criteria that must be met before I agree to go: 1. we go with friends 2. we don't stay longer than 2 nights 3. the campground is near water. All 3 criteria were met, so we packed up and away we went.
We had a great time and enjoyed the company, but discovered that I have a 4th criteria-- no babies allowed! Levi is at such a hard age for camping. He just wanted to crawl around and refused to go to bed nicely (or stay asleep) like he does at home, so we were all a little exhausted-- but me, especially.
Nevertheless, the kids had fun playing with their friends, fishing (They caught 4 fish!), and we had fun visiting with our friends and eating (so much eating...).
We will do it again in the future, but Little Man needs to be a bit older (or stay home with Grandma).
0 comments:
Post a Comment