Do you have a special friend that you really connect with? Someone that gets you..makes you laugh... has the best advice...is a true friend? While, I do and she just moved to Washington-- cue the sad music! Life will never be the same... sigh...
Jamie and I go way back. We met when we were both teaching at Sage Creek Elementary. At first we were poor, newly married college interns surviving the madness of our first year of teaching. Then we were poor first year teachers preparing for cross-county-life-altering moves. When Brandon and I went to Texas she and her husband, Ben, moved to Chicago to attend medical school. Through the years we kept in touch, and lucky for me, her husband decided to do a fellowship in Provo after completing his residency in Chicago.
So, for the past year Jamie and I have had nearly weekly play dates. My kids love her girls and we looked forward to our playdates as much as they did. We went to parks, played at splash pads, jumped around at Gymcats, took the kids shopping/out for lunch, went to the movies; but mostly we just enjoyed letting them play at our homes. After our final playdate she and I had a girl's night out-- pedicures, pizza, and chocolate. So, fun.
We will really miss her and her adorable little family, but wish them lots of love and luck as they embark on a whole new adventure in Washington.
0 comments:
Post a Comment