

With the holiday of lovers fastly approaching, I thought it would be fun to make a list of my favorite couples (real and fictitious)- in no particular order.
1. My grandparents: Ruby and Lee
They have such a cute story. If I have it right, Grandpa met Grandma at a high school dance. He escorted her home even though he wasn't her date. Then he endured torture like only my Grandma's Italian aunts could dish out. Throughout the years they had their ups and downs, but always went through everything together.
2. Gordon B. Hinckley and Marjorie Pay
When they were alive they had such a beautiful relationship. He always talked about her with such love and respect-- as did she. I'm glad that they're reunited now. I got the impression that President Hinckley felt a little lost with out his sweetheart.
3. Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen
I know, I know! You're thinking Jenn, they're characters in a juvenile fiction series. But I can't help myself. Their story is so compelling-- a young girl and vampire who are madly in love even though the world is against them.
4. My in-laws: Clay and Penny
I have always admired their relationship. They knew each other when they were kids. In fact, I think Mom wrote Dad's name on her tennis shoes. It wasn't until college that everything came together for them. Ever since then they've been going through life hand in hand. I love them and will feel very blessed if Brandon and I can accomplish half of what they have.
5. Sabrina Fairchild and Linus Larrabee
You're thinking of it again-- Jenn's crazy. But if you truly know me you know that I've seen the movie Sabrina enough to have every line memorized. Why? Because I love the love story! It is unexpected-- sometimes your true love is the person you'd least expect.
6. Pam and Jim from "The Office"
Yet again, a fictitious couple. But I need to ask-- how many of you were hanging on the edge of your seat after he kissed her at the end of season 2? They are clearly meant for each other! They are best friends (and best friends make the cutest happiest couples).
7. My aunt and uncle: Jimmy and Loraine
I can't believe that I left them off this list the first time around! They are the most wonderful people in the world. Besides having hearts of gold, they have successfully raised six great children. In case you're reading this-- I love and adore you.
2 comments:
Awww! What an adorable Valentine tribute!
You'll have to keep me posted on the developments of 'Jam' in this years Office.
If only we were closer! Texas is super far. We WILL plan a trip this summer! We must! Lets plan a cruise out of TX..yeah?
Post a Comment