Well, I guess most of you have heard by now that we'll be back in Utah by the end of the year. When Brandon took this job 3 years ago we knew that it was a temporary assignment (3-5 years). Up until recently we had anticipated that we'd put our house on the market around the first of next year and be back in Utah by spring/summer 2011; but life rarely goes as planned and a great opportunity has come our way so we're diving in head first and putting our faith in the Lord that the time is right to move back.
I have to admit, that I've been dreading/looking forward to this day for awhile. If that makes any sense at all? I REALLY love it down here. It didn't take long for Houston to feel like home. We've been blessed with the BEST neighbors and MOST WONDERFUL friends. Our ward is AMAZING and I LOVE our little starter home. The day I have to hand the keys over to someone else I'm going to cry like a baby. I know it seems silly to be sentimental about a home, but this is our first home. I remember walking through it when every wall was white and the appliances still had plastic coverings. Now every wall is painted and plastered with pictures of Roo Bear and my appliances are way over due for a good scrub! But, seriously, this place holds a lot of good memories. Yes, Houston has been good to us; but no doubt that the future will, too. A few weeks ago when Chelsea was visiting I had a spiritual confirmation about the importance of living near family. I grew up within 30 minutes of my immediate family (on both my mom and dad's sides) and I want that for Ruby. I want her cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents to be a huge part of her life. So, I'm embracing this opportunity to make it happen (even if it means we'll have to live in Utah and deal with snow).
So, here's the 4-1-1 on what's going on: Brandon has been promoted to product manager. He is currently in the process of helping to choose and train his replacement. Once they find his replacement Brandon will spend a few months training him (which would require us to stay in Houston for the duration of that time). His company has suggested that we list our house on the market now (since it is peak selling/buying season). If it sells quickly they will help us find a rental in the area. By the time Brandon's replacement is trained we'll hopefully have a new place to call home in Utah.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
7 comments:
YAY! I'm really excited!! Do you know what part of Utah you'll be in? I'd love it if we could get together and hang out a bunch. It'd be so much fun! Good luck to you guys in all your moving plans. I know it can sometimes be a stressful situation, but I'm sure you'll do awesome!
Such sad but good news??? We will miss you guys tons! It seems Utah is the place to move right now.
Nooooooooooo! What the heck, I wanted to fly down there and spend a week with you two.... now I only have until January-ish? Boo... but you can't beat living next to family. We have great friends up here, but nothing is like being near fam. One day that will hopefully be us. Good luck with everything!
We are really excited for you guys. Selfishly, we wish you could be our Texas Family forever, but we will settle for you to be our long-distance Utah Family instead.
Congratulations on a great job opportunity! You guys are a great family and we love you!
What? You must have forgotten to mention that yesterday...how sad! But how nice to be near family! You guys will be greatly missed around here!
Jenn - what a sad day for me when you hand over the keys to your house, too. Granted you'll live in another house in the area - it's just that Utah will be right around the corner. But yes, living near family has been wonderful - and if you can, I say go for it! Good luck with all of this - and if you ever need a helping hand, please let me know!
hip hip hooray! We'll be so excited to have you back here!!
Post a Comment