Saturday, May 8, 2010

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon

April 20 was Brandon's birthday. We celebrated with a yummy dinner at the Salt Grass the night before. Ruby made a HUGE mess. I'm beginning to think that patio dinning is more for us these days...



Then on his actual birthday Roo and I stopped by a new little gourmet cupcake shop to pick out a surprise for Daddy. As soon as we walked in the door she signed "eat" over and over, so I got her her very own cupcake. She thought it was delish! Look at her go to town on that sugary-goodness!



Our surprise didn't quite go as planned, though. By the time we got to Brandon's office he had left early to take care of some work-related business. Rats! So, when he got home we gave him his cupcake and then played at the local neighborhood park for a few minutes before he had to leave for a business dinner.





An hour or so later Ruby and I had started to get ready for bed when Brandon called us and invited us to join them at Tommy Bahama's. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend a birthday dinner with Daddy so I got her dressed, packed up the stroller, and headed out to meet them. And, I'll add that I'm glad we did because we had a great time. In the end we wound up celebrating Brandon's 27th for almost 24 hours straight-- not a bad way to start off a new year, right?!



Then on May 1st Brandon competed in his first triathlon. He had been talking about The Woodlands Annual Triathlon for awhile and training seriously since January.



His plan was to complete the race (500 meter swim, 15 mile bike ride, and 5k run) in 1 hour and 20 minutes. But, true to his nature he outdid himself and beat his goal by 4 minutes! Way to go!!!!



His best leg was the swim (finishing in 7 minutes 50 seconds), followed by the bike (42 minutes), and then the run (23 minutes). Unfortunately I couldn't remember what color his swim cap was so I missed seeing him come out of the water, but Roo and I spotted him as he came in from the bike ride and crossed the finish line (thankfully we missed watching him barf at the end of the run).





It was quite an accomplishment and we're glad that we could be there to cheer him on.

0 comments: