One of my favorite things about living in Houston is the people. The area we live in has lots of recent college graduates with young families. Most of the those families also moved out here for work and are far away from their extended families. Over the years we've shared holidays together, babysat one another's children, and have become more like family than friends. Two families in particular have been dubbed "Texas Family." When ever I think back on all the good times we've shared and how generous they've been with us I tear up. I wish I could take all of them with us to Utah. It breaks my heart to think that Ruby won't get to go on walks with her "frys" (friends) Rylie and Olivia, play at the splash pad with Ian and Joseph, or have weekly play dates with Lily, Eli, and Benson. I wish that Mama Trudy would always be my neighbor, Mary could still be my work out buddy, and that all my girlfriends would be around for girl's night out and parenting advice. Oh, sigh....
Ruby and Mama Trudy
Part of our Texas Family- The Bartholomews and The Faltermans.
Girlfriends are the best!
On Sunday night two of my best girlfriends threw a going away party for our family. It was so wonderful to have a chance to say goodbye formally to so many of these people who have touched our lives so profoundly. Ruby had an especially good time since the cookies were just with in her reach. I think she snagged 4 before we stopped her! She also had a great time playing chase and wrestling her buddies to the ground. Thanks a million Elizabeth and Lesley--the party was perfect. And even though everyone showed up to remind us that we'll be missed in Houston, we wanted to let you all know that we'll miss you more than you can imagine.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment