*Caution: This is a long post!*
About two weeks ago we made another trip to California. While we were there we took Ruby to Laguna Beach and "our beach." The weather was incredible! We played in the sand and tide pools and Brandon even ventured out into the ocean for a swim.
The next day we took Ruby back to Irvine Park since the pony rides and petting zoo were such a big hit this summer. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot she started exclaiming "pody" (translation: pony). She was especially excited about the pony that had a bow in her mane. My dad commented that as he guided her along the track she was real quiet and serious, but as soon as they passed by the pony stalls she would become real animated and start talking quite a bit. The goats were a hit again, too. She loved brushing them and hugging them. "HUG!!!"
On Saturday night my dad babysat for us so that Brandon and I could attend my 10 year high school reunion (which was kind of a let down). I knew that a lot of my good friends wouldn't be there, but I was hoping that acquaintances and friends that I hadn't kept in touch with over the years (like the girls from show choir, and Jess and Cait from biology) would be there; but no luck. After about 2 and a half hours of awkward mingling we left early and drove down to Redondo Beach to visit my sister (who was home alone because her husband had to work late). We had a good visit, but I didn't feel well. Within a few hours of being home I knew why-- food poisoning! It was terrible. I spent the entire next day on couch struggling to keep anything down. My dad also got sick, so poor Brandon and Ruby were on their own. Needless to say, they were relieved when my dad and I woke up the next day ready to return to the land of the living.
And good thing we did, because if I hadn't I would have missed out on Ruby's first Disneyland trip (which I had been looking forward to all year long). It was drizzling and a little chilly, so we had to buy sweatshirts when we got there, but at least it kept the crowds at bay. Ruby was a total trooper and loved every minute. She wasn't frightened on any of the rides-- not even Pirates of the Caribbean! Actually, just after the second drop she started to whimper, so we started to point out all the animals and then she was fine. The people in our boat probably found it annoying to have a narrated version of the ride, but I'm sure they preferred it to a screaming baby! Roo's favorite ride was definitely the carousel, though. We rode it three times! And it took some convincing to have her say goodbye to the ponies after the last ride. The only bummer for me was that I wasn't feeling well enough to eat any of the Disney food I'd been dreaming of-- clam chowder in a bread bowl, churros, and fudge. Oh, well. There will always be a next time. Before we left we bought Ruby a Minnie Mouse ear hat with her name embroidered on the back. She loves it so much that sometimes she requests to wear it while we're out and about. I'm not sure if the librarian in Texas thought it was adorable or crazy, but I'm glad Ruby is getting some use out of her mouse ears.
Exploring Toon Town with Papa
Taking Mommy for a ride through Toon Town
Jungle Cruisin'
Snack time
Last pony ride of the day
Best seat in the house for the parade
Does life get much better than this?
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
1 comments:
Oh, isn't Disneyland so much more magical with a wee one to show around and share it with? And I love how curly her little hair is in the back - darling!
Post a Comment