Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodbye, Roxette



A few weeks ago we sold Roxette, my 1999 2-door red escort. As a 17 year old I drove her off the lost with 14 miles on the odometer. 11 years, 113,000 miles, a husband and 1.5 kids later we knew that it was time to sell her. Our needs had changed. I admit that it was hard to say goodbye, but I'm glad that a happy teenage girl is her proud new owner. As the girl climbed around inside the car she gleefully exclaimed to her dad, "Oh, look it has a tape player! None of my friends will have one of those." It made me feel a little old, but at least I can laugh at myself, right?





So, what's in our future? Good question. I've always been oppossed to owning a mini-van-- too practical--but the more I think about getting Ruby and the baby in and out of the car the more appealing sliding doors sound... House first and then a new car, so for right now we're a single car family.

0 comments: