Well, the princess now sleeps in a big girl bed. I kept waiting for her to climb out of her crib before I made the switch, but she only did it once about 6 months ago and was so traumatized that she never tried it again. (The day she tried it I found her clinging to the railing, dangling 6 inches above the ground crying.)
Our trip to Moab gave us the guts to make the change. While we were there we had to use the pack and play for Wyatt and Ruby had to sleep in the extra queen bed. She did so well that we decided to make the switch when we got home. We spent a whole week talking up the big girl bed and I took her on a special shopping trip to Target to pick out bedding.
The first two nights she was afraid to get out of her new bed by herself and would beckon to us to help her out. That wore off quickly... we've now had to start putting her to bed early, because she climbs out about 4 times and comes to find us before she settles in for the night. Even though she has been busted more than once prancing around in a tutu and fairy wings instead of sleeping she loves her "big girl bed" and we're so proud of her for making the transition.
BTW, nap time still happens in the crib. Wyatt happily naps in the swing or cradle, so Ruby can still have a safe a lengthy nap; which means Mommy still gets a lengthy nap, too! :)
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
1 comments:
Yay for big girl Ruby Roo! She always seems to handle these transitions like a little grown-up doesn't she? (grown ups can prance around in tutus whenever they want, right?) I love picturing her selecting bedding!
Give her a hug from her Texas boys.
Post a Comment