Friday, April 15, 2011

Moab

A few weekends ago we loaded up the Subaru and headed down Moab for a weekend family retreat sponsored by Brandon's company. Wyatt was just 7 weeks old, so I had some reservations; but it turned out to be a great little trip. We stayed in a private cabin at the Red Cliffs Lodge. The view of the Colorado River and surrounding red rocks was amazing! While we were there we went on a river boat ride, hit the trails in jeeps (We took shifts watching Wyatt-- he is just too little for all that jostling), ate good food, and hiked in Arches National Park.
The view from our patio deck-- not too shabby!



Cruisin' the river with the gang from US Synthetic.


Jeep crawling is much more terrifying in person. Of course it didn't ease my fears that just as we started this trail our brakes went out and we had to drive in low.


I may look brave, but I was the sissy between the two of us. Ruby liked going up and down on the rocks.


Ruby took a strong liking to Brandon's boss Bob (pictured in her window). For some reason she kept calling him "bum" instead of Bob, though-- regardless of how many times we corrected her.


Hiking to Delicate Arches. It's just 1.5 miles each direction, but it is the longest 1.5 miles I've hiked in awhile-- packing around a baby and a toddler really increases the calorie burn.




A beautiful scenic reward for our hard work, but unfortunately it was too windy to sit and enjoy the view for long.









1 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wait, Brandon works for US Synthetic? Does he know Todd Holman? Or Shane Williams?

I can't believe you hiked to the delicate arch carrying babies! That hike is steep and hard without anything in tow! Way to go. :)