

I just realized that I forgot to publish an update about Halloween; so here it goes:
Ruby was a bumble bee (or so I thought). She told everyone who asked her about her costume that she was a "bumble bee princess." Wyatt was our little honey bee (Ruby's idea) and if I had been less lazy I would have dressed up as the bee keeper. Instead I wore my orange Halloween shirt...disappointing, I know.
Anyway, we had lots of opportunities to get out and celebrate this season. On the Thursday before the kids got dressed up for a neighborhood playgroup party. Ruby loved painting her pumpkin and playing with Seraphina and Brek's toys. The following day we attended a lunch time work party at Daddy's company; which gave us our first chance to practice trick or treating. Then on Saturday we went to our church Halloween carnival. Ruby's favorite activity was the cake walk. I'm not sure if she liked dancing in a circle or winning/eating cupcakes better. Hmmm, probably eating the cupcakes! :)



The big day was especially fun, because we got to trick or treat twice! First we hit up the cubicles at Grandma Dona's office. Ruby had a great time collecting candy, but I think Grandma had the best time of all-- you know how grandparents love to show off their grand babies. Then we came home and had our traditional spooky dinner (mummy dogs, ghost cheese sticks, pumpkins made from navel oranges, and worms in dirt) and neighborhood trick or treating. The weather was PERFECT! We made it all the way down the street before Ruby got spooked and wanted to go home. We had to carry her up to the last few houses and point out all the cute/non scary decorations. 
She hauled in quite the loot (lots of people threw in extra candy for Wyatt, too). We discovered that she liked the Whoopers and dum-dums best. About a week after Halloween I found 10 unwrapped dum-dums in the candy bowl. When I interrogated her about it she admitted that she tasted them all for breakfast. Nothing like a sugar rush early in the morning! lol
Hope your Halloween was lots of fun, too!
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
1 comments:
Oh my goodness - those costumes are about the cutest ever!! I have to agree with Ruby, though, she does look like a bumble bee princess!!
Post a Comment