Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby Boy's First Birthday

First pictures of the day. I'm not quite sure how my friend Lesley gets such good pictures of her kiddos on their birthday mornings...


On Tuesday Little Man turned one year old! I'm amazed that it's been a year since he was born. I recently read something that said, "You have a child for a lifetime, but a baby for only a year." It's true-- my baby is a scooting, cruising, solid eating, whole milk drinking, pterodactyl screeching toddler.


Ruby helped Daddy make his famous German pancakes for the birthday boy.


Presents galore!







Early morning awesomeness!

To celebrate his first year of life we tried to do things that we know he likes-- play with the balloons, eat yummy food, and visit the aquarium. Daddy even came home from work a little early to kick off the afternoon celebration!



Same exact expression- priceless!










My little penguins...

Today we turned his car seat to the forward facing position. Even though new pediatric guidelines suggest waiting until children are 2 to do so, we just couldn't wait any longer. He HATES riding in the car and we're hoping that changing his position will help keep him happier and calmer in the car. He also still freaks out when anyone takes a shower, but at least he isn't bothered by the vacuum any more!

He loves balloons and balls and little cars-- lucky for us Uncle Chris gave the kids his old train table (complete with a train set and a massive amount of cars).


Grilled cheese from In and Out-- Wyatt's favorite!

As I mentioned before, he eats solid foods and drinks whole milk. Like his Mama, he has a sweet tooth. He prefers fruits to veggies and loves bagels, raisins, and string cheese. I'm afraid he's entering the "picky eater" stage, though. More and more frequently I notice him tasting foods and then rejecting them (or refusing to try new foods at all). Sigh, I guess most kids go through this...



Yummy! Birthday cake face


Wyatt loves his big sis and she loves him. They are best buddies. He loves to follow her around the house and play with her toys. For the most part she doesn't mind sharing. They especially love to take baths together and play in the pool.

We're still working on teaching him signs. Ruby first reciprocated signing around 13 months, so I'm anxious for Wyatt to start communicating with us on a new level soon.

We love our sweet little guy. He's been a fun addition to our family and we're blessed that he came into our lives a year ago.


Trying to get a picture with my wiggly birthday boy

Here are his one year stats:
weight- 25 lbs 10 oz (90%)
height- 30 in (70%)
head- 19.2 in (97% plus)

1 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! I cannot wait to meet you!

What a fun-filled day! I loved the birthday-morning picture (was he upset you were snapping pictures instead of feeding him?! Joseph wakes up slowly and usually scowls with bleary eyes for his birthday shots)

And I love that Ruby's German Pancake mixing was done in a tutu and pjs. What a festive touch :)