Friday, May 31, 2013

Preschool Graduation


Last week Ruby finished her first year of preschool.  I can't believe how time has flown by!  It seems like just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital, but I digress...


Anyway, she has loved going to school this last year and has learned so much.  She recognizes most of her letters and their accompanying names and sounds, can count to 20, writes her name, and has a good grasp on fine and gross motor skills.

I spent a lot of time deciding on a program to send her to and was happy that I chose Wishes and Dreams here in the neighborhood.  It was  a good balance of play, learning, and social skill development.

Most importantly, it was a very nurturing environment and there isn't anything better than trusting that your child is safe and happy when you're not around.

Ruby and Miss Cari and Nimsy (class pet)
To celebrate the end of the year the class had a little graduation ceremony.  All 12 kiddos sang songs about the alphabet and their teacher Miss Cari read their favorite short story and said some nice things about each graduate. Then we busted out some popsicles and busted open a pinata (Wyatt even gave it a good whack.  In fact, he might have whacked it harder than Ruby).  It was a fun way to celebrate a great year.





0 comments: