Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane


Last week Brandon had a business trip to Houston.  Since it had been way too long since I had been back to visit we cashed in some frequent flyer miles, got some free Grandma babysitting organized, and took off for Tejas together.

Some of my favorite friends in the whole world.

The first full day he was there he had meetings all day long, but I kept busy.  I spent the morning showing the  family of the new Houston recruit around the area.  And then I had frozen yogurt with some of the best gals in the world, did a little shopping at my favorite local stores, and even had time for a quick nap before we all headed out for a big company dinner.
Pirate's Beach in Galveston

The next day and a half Brandon and I spent some time at our friend's beach house in Galveston.  He generously offered it to us-- and we graciously accepted. :)

Chillin' out inside the beach house because it was sooooooooooooo windy outside.

Unfortunately, it wasn't typical May weather for Houston-- it was actually a little cool and windy--so we mostly enjoyed looking at the ocean, walking/running on the beach, reading on the deck, and driving the golf cart around.

I was in love with the wide-planked naturally distressed wooden floors at the beach house.

We also ate A LOT of real good food-- Papadeaux, Emilio's, Yamato Sushi, Black Walnut, Tommy Bahama's, and the list goes on...
It was great to have some time to ourselves.  Lately Brandon has been traveling a lot and busy with school, so we really needed to reconnect and recharge.
It was a fun little trip down memory lane to visit the people and places that mean so much to us.  I only regret that it didn't work out for us to meet up with my "Texas family"-- Miss Trudy, Mr. Herman, and Lori and her little family; but hopefully it won't be too long before I can tag along on another business trip. :)

My view from the passenger side of the golf cart-- not too shabby.

0 comments: