 |
| Brandon and Wyatt playing pirates on the playground equipment. |
One day Brandon and I took the kids on a trip down memory lane. We headed to the place we were raised-- Yorba Linda--and took the kids on a bike ride through Yorba Regional Park (Thanks again Wendy for letting me borrow your bike trailer). We had a great time pedaling around and even got a few miles in on the riverbed before Ruby wanted to turn around and play on the playground.
 |
| Little monkey man-- love that diapered bum! |
 |
| Little monkey girl. |
 |
| Which way to the gun show? lol |
 |
| He was exhausted-- and he wasn't even the one pedaling for 8 miles! |
We let the kids play and ride their bikes until they were pooped and then had lunch at Ruby's Diner. Strangely enough they wouldn't try any of the milkshake we ordered; so Brandon and I took one for the team and finished off their portions. Then we drove past the homes we used to live in. In some ways Yorba Linda never ages. It was still really green and well kept. And while it was a fun place to grow up, I love my home now and hope that some day our kids will feel the same way about Draper that I do about my home town.
 |
| Brandon's old home |
 |
| My old home. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment