Friday, September 27, 2013

Antelope Island


Even though we've lived in Utah for years now, we haven't visited Antelope Island.  Well, technically, I went when I was younger-- 8ish?; but, clearly that was forever ago and I don't remember much.  So, last Friday Brandon took the day off work and we took the kids.


 The weather was perfect and we had a great time just hanging out together.  At the visitor's center we bought the kids binoculars (best decision of the day).  They loved spending the afternoon looking through their binoculars at animals.  We saw bison, horses, goats, and even a coyote.

Their favorite part of our excursion was probably playing around at Garr Ranch.  Ruby especially loved the old trailer since it was just her size.



We also made the LONG (really long) walk out to the shore of the Great Salt Lake.  We all got our toes wet and splashed around in the water for awhile.  The water was amazingly clear and beautiful.  Apparently, at certain times of the year it is over-run with gnats and stinks to high heaven, but not when we went.  Lucky us!  Brandon and I even floated around for a bit.
After we got our fill we hiked back to the car-- each carrying a 30 lb child (good thing we work out).

We finished off the afternoon with a rootbeer float and french fries and some well deserved naps on the drive home.  It was a fun little adventure.  I hope our little baby nuggets remember it fondly for a long time.

0 comments: