Friday, September 13, 2013

Ruby's First Haircut


Ruby is a little over 4.5 years old and she just got her hair cut for the first time this week.  Since it's curly I've been hesitant to cut it-- the wrong cut could be disastrous (as I discovered when I took her to Cookie Cutters to get her bangs trimmed a few years ago) and besides, it doesn't grow very quickly anyway.  Lately it was looking pretty shapeless and the ends were splitting, so I got her an appointment with my amazing stylist (who has taken special classes on cutting curly hair).
Before
after
 Ruby had lots of fun sitting in Marci's big chair and wearing her penguin smock.  Of course, sipping on Sprite while she got pampered was also a bonus.  She was a real trooper.  Marci cut it dry in the bend of the curl and it turned out great.  With the right product it curls up even better than before.  Of course, I have to put some effort into it (which is tricky with a munchkin that has no intention of sitting still for longer than 2 seconds), but as she gets older hopefully she'll become more involved in the process.  Hopefully...


0 comments: