Ahh, the holidays. They are wonderful, full of tradition, family, lots of fun memories-- and thank heavens they're over! lol Our holiday season lasts forever around here. There is Christmas Eve, Christmas, our anniversary, New Year's, my birthday; and then we get a brief reprieve until Ruby and Wyatt's birthdays on January 31 and February 7. It's wonderful and kind of exhausting. Here's a little recap of this season's holiday adventures:
Christmas Eve:
Christmas:
We were actually up before our children were on Christmas morning-- our ability to sleep in is seriously diminished nowadays. Anyway, I made enough noise in the kitchen to wake them up some time around 8:30 and they both came downstairs to see what Santa had left them. Apparently, they were both on Santa's good list, because they both got exactly what they wanted-- a Jake Hideout for Wyatt and an American Girl Doll for Ruby. Unwrapping presents with kids has to be one of my favorite things to do. They love it all and want it out of the box immediately!
Brandon surprised me with a Cannon Rebel T3i DSLR camera. I, honestly, had no idea I was getting one-- he was very sneaky! I've always been interested in photography and have wanted a nice camera for a LONG time. Apparently, he did some research and talked to my brother-in-law, who is a photographer, and got some great insight about which model and components to buy. He thought that I deserved something special since I've been so supportive of him while he's getting his MBA-- ahhh, sweet right? I played around with it a little over the holidays, but I really don't know what I'm doing and all the functions are a kind of overwhelming. I'm anxious to learn how to use it and hone my technique so I registered for a continuing education class at UVU that starts in just a few weeks. (PS-- I have yet to upload any of the pictures I've taken with it... soooo lazy)
Christmas Round 2:
![]() |
| One of our favorite traditions-- double or triple lunch date with the siblings and their spouses. Sadly, my bro couldn't make it this year. |
By 12/27 most of the rest of my family was in town, so we had Christmas Round 2. We shared presents, ate ALL day long, and even took family pictures. I know I've said this before, but I wish they all lived closer because they are so much fun to be around and I really cherish the time we have together.
Our 9 year anniversary:
My family watched our kiddos the night before so that we could have a little private downtime. In the morning we went out for a delicious breakfast and did some temple work for my family members that have passed.
New Years:
We spent 12/28-1/1 at the cabin, which was lots of fun because most of Brandon's family was able to be there with us. We played tons of games. Yes, Chris, you are the King Oil champ! We also played outside in the snow and Brandon managed to break one of the snowmobiles. Good thing he's handy and is fixing it... We ate tons of food (Do you see a pattern here?) and had lots of laughs. Sadly, my brother-in-law had the worst vacation of his life. Just 24 hours after getting to the cabin he was in the hospital having an emergency appendectomy. Lame, right? On New Year's day we headed home around lunch time and were able to spend the afternoon relaxing in the comfort of our own home.
My 32nd Birthday:
![]() |
| Unfortunately, this is my only bday pic this year-- a selfie at the gym. This must be a new low... |
Well, I had the lamest birthday on the books. It started off at the gym-- I got in a little argument with a staff member (I snuck Wyatt into the women's locker room so that I could blow dry my hair since the family locker room was too crowded. Such a rule breaker!) And I forgot my undershirt, but remembered my sheer blouse, so I kept it sexy all day long in a sweatshirt.
After I picked up Ruby from preschool I headed over to my mom's shop to help her out and have a birthday lunch. When I was coming down the stairs I dropped my cupcake box on the ground and it landed frosting side down-- smooshed birthday cupcakes, awesome!
Just as I was preparing to leave we got a phone call from my grandma that her doctor had ordered her to head to the ER because she was having a hard time breathing and her oxygen levels were low. So, I switched gears. Brandon left work early and picked up the kids so that I could head to the hospital and keep Grandma company. The doctors on staff were able to diagnose and treat her pretty quickly. After a few breathing treatments she was doing much better. By the time she was discharged and we swung by the pharmacy it was 7 at night.
By that time I picked up Chinese take out and made it home to hang out with Brandon and the kids for just a little bit before hitting the sack.
We have plans for a re-do. Dinner and a movie and free Grandma babysitting are coming soon.












0 comments:
Post a Comment