Monday, August 25, 2014

Girlfriends

We are who we are largely because of our life experiences and the people with whom we surround ourselves with.  I have been incredibly blessed to have a life filled with wonderful people.  Many of those people are strong, beautiful, funny women.  Some have come and gone and left a deep impression in my heart, some are still present. All of them have enriched my life.



A group of them that I'll always hold dear I met when I was 14.  They were the greatest friends a girl could have during those akward teenage years.  Today we are all spread out, but lots of us have connections in Utah.  So, occasionally, we arrange to get together.  The last time we did this was 4 years ago-- too long!  This time only about 1/2 of the group could make it, but it was still fun.  We had a fun pool party in the morning and then a little pizza party in the evening on July 25.

There is nothing like catching up with great friends.  We all have struggles of some sort, but I have to admit that they all handle their trials with such grace.  I admire them more today than ever and love their beautiful families.


Another great girlfriend is Jamie.  She and I taught together 7 years ago and have remained friends since.  The year I moved to Texas she and her husband moved to Chicago.  Through the years when our paths crossed we got together-- even if it was just for a few hours.  Now she and her cute family moved back to Utah.  Even though it's just for the next year I'm trilled that she's here.  I adore her and we have big plans to hang out and do lots of fun activities together.


We kicked off our year of adventures with a little play date at the American Fork Steel Days Fair.  The three oldest kids had a great time on the rides and Baby Jane was happy just to hang out with her mom.  We're looking forward to lots more adventures in the near future.


0 comments: