Brandon and I are enjoying some of the perks associated with his job. US Synthetic kindly gave us free tickets to the Houston Rockets and Rodeo.
We took our friends Lori and Greg to the Rockets game on Saturday. I'm not really a basketball fan, but I had a pretty good time watching them win their 18th game in a row.
Then on Tuesday we had ourselves a real Texan experience with Scott and Lesley at the Houston Rodeo. For those of you who aren't from Texas, the Houston Rodeo is a BIG DEAL! We got there early enough to feast on heart-attack inducing food. Brandon and Scott looked like cavemen eating their giant turkey legs! After we'd eaten too much junk we watched a little bit of the rodeo. It was actually a lot of fun! I always thought the rodeo was about guys trying to hang on to a bull for 8 seconds. Turns out that there are lots of events-- barrel racing, calf roping, bucking bronco, etc. Our favorite was the calf scramble. They lined up 18 teenagers and 14 calves. In order to win a calf the kids had to chase them down and rope them up. It was hilarious watching the kiddos run around the arena and take down the calves. By the end of the scramble it looked like the calves got the better of the kids. There were a lot of torn pants, shirts, and exhausted kids.
After the rodeo activities we stayed for the Rascal Flatts concert, which was AWESOME! They played for almost an hour and a half. They were very entertaining. I was happy to hear all of their hits, but especially "Life is a Highway" (which was their final song).
Thanks for the good times US Synthetic!
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
4 comments:
Great pictures from a great night! Tell US Synthetic thanks from the Larsons, too! It was so much fun!
PS I felt like I had a pig running around in my stomach for two days after eating that Sausage on a Stick! Still so worth it! :)
Amen, sister! You should have heard some of the noises my stomach was making after chicken on a stick and apple funnel cake.
Sounds like fun! Give me a call when you're in Utah!
That sounds like such fun! I love Raskell Flats and am jealous you were able to listen to their soleful voices all evening :)!!! Your coming to SALT LAKE! Woot we do need to get together! Tell me when and we can make a plan :) And you are soo right...I do need to update my blog... *sigh...
Post a Comment