Sunday, March 23, 2008

Grandma's Craft Boot Camp





This week my Grandma Ruby came to visit and I felt like the luckiest girl. She always lived close by when I was growing up. I used to stop by her house (sometimes while I was supposed to be at school) to visit and hear stories, raid her pantry, and chill. Plus, she was the one who really taught me the art of eating out and shopping. So, living far away has been an adjustment.
While she was here I had a checklist of things I wanted to do together. It turned out to be something of a craft boot camp. She taught me how to make her famous spaghetti and frosted cake. We also bought a few cake decorating tools and she taught me how to make frosting roses. It will take some time before mine reach her standard of excellence. She also helped me create a floral masterpiece. My grandma is truly a domestic goddess.
Other fun things we did were:
going out to lunch (She's a real trooper. She tried cajun and tex mex-- not on the same day, though)
Easter dress shopping
attending the temple to do family work
It was a really fun visit. I think I might have worn her out, but in my defense I only had a few days to squeeze in enough Grandma to last until the next time I see her.

4 comments:

What the "Hales" said...

Wow I wish I had a Grandma as cool as yours!! Sounds like the two of you are more like best friends. So what is the art of eating out and Shopping? I would like to master this, if even possible. It must take some skill..I know for sure I do not have it!

Lesley said...

You two were sure busy!

It is so cool that you have always had such a great relationship. She seems like a wonderful grandma, and I'll bet she thinks you are the best granddaughter! Next time she is here, please have her give group lessons on the art of shopping and dining. As well as flower arranging!

Melanie said...

that's like when my mother in law comes, or when I visit her! We go visit tons of fabric stores and make all kinds of stuff! So fun to have visitors!

tweedlediva said...

Ahem Jenn. I have officially tagged you! (see my blog...)