When we first adopted Scout he went through a "chewing phase". Most of the items that he destroyed were harmless and easily replaceable (i.e. flip flops, strings, buttons). He has long since grown out of that phase; however, if he doesn't get enough attention he will occasionally feel mischievous and find something new to victimize. Since Ruby was born it has happened twice-- first to my nice Pottery Barn pillows and now to my library book. I left it on the bed and when I returned a few hours later I found this:
Notice how much was destroyed and how little evidence was left behind. It all comes out in the wash. If you know what I mean. But really, what else should I expect from a bark connoisseur? After all, paper is just another form of bark.
The real kicker is that I waited nearly 8 months for this book to become available from the library. I was nearly finished with it when he chewed through the first 50 pages. Oh, and I had already decided that I hated the book but was finishing it with the hope that the author might redeem himself in the end (BTW, he didn't).
So, today I paid $29 for a book that I'll never read again. But, the lesson was priceless.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
4 comments:
I love reading your blog Jenn! It is so fun to catch up.
Ruby is absolutely gorgeous! So adorable!
Sorry about your library book...at least you saved all that money from grocery shopping though :)
I used to trudge through books that I hated until the end, too- but have decided very recently that life is too short and there are WAY too many fabulous books out there to waste my time on the stupid ones. Oh, unless I have already committed to reviewing it (as is the case right now... grr). Glad to know this one was a stinker- I had been eying it. Be easy on Scout- it's a tough thing being the oldest child!
Oh man $29!! That crazy little dog!! Too bad the book wasn't even worth it - oh the ironies in life!!
Man, I know you love that dog... but I would have killed him!
Post a Comment