After being away from home for nearly 2 weeks we're glad to be back home. While I'm taking a break from cleaning the cave I thought I'd finish filling you in on our vacation to Florida.
After my last post Brandon and I realized that migrating manatees frequented the bay behind our hotel. They are the gentlest creatures. Every chance we got we stopped by the dock to look for our friends. We found that if you sit real still they swim up directly underneath your feet.
Besides taking 2 snorkeling cruises (the best snorkeling is off shore a few miles), we also kayaked through a mangrove forest and hung out at a few beaches.
A favorite beach of ours (Sombrero Beach) was about an hour south of our island. The water was super clear and beautiful. We spent most of the day playing in the water and sunning on the shore. It was fantastic!
On Saturday we went to Theatre of the Sea (a sea animal rescue center where they put on shows and teach the public about marine life). I really wanted to swim with the dolphins, but couldn't since my eggo is preggo. Instead, I got to participate in a small training session with the dolphins. By the time we left I had gotten kisses from a sea lion, dolphin, and Brandon. I'm such a lucky girl!
The last day we were in Florida we went to the Everglades National Park with a mission -- to see aligators in the wild.
Mission accomplished (we saw 3)!
One last thing-- we LOVED our rental car (a red mustang convertible)! Now we're back to driving slow boring cars. Sniffle, sniffle...
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment