Saturday, April 10, 2010

14 months (warning: this is a long update)



Ruby Girl turned 14 months about 2 weeks ago, but she's doing so many fun things that I had to document it before I forget it all.

First of all, this girl LOVES water in all forms-- drinking fountains, lakes, pools, tubs, and especially water bottles. If she sees you drinking from a bottle she'll sign "water" over and over until you share a little with her (beware of backwash, though).

She also has decided that she loves her Sarah Willett blanket. It had been in the closet for the past few months, but I recently brought it out when a friend's baby was visiting and she hasn't put it down since. She loves to carry it around the house like Linus (from the Peanuts cartoon) and lay down on the carpet next to it. So cute!



Sometimes she says "jesh" (which I'm pretty sure is "yes") or "yeah". Whenever she sees a phone she puts it to her ear and says, "Dada." Today we heard her say, "dank you" and "uh-oh" for the first time. Occasionally she still says "Mama," but most of the time she communicates through sign language. Her newest signs are: crackers, tree, horse, duck/bird (they're very similar, she signs the same for both), rain, wind, apple, dirty, diaper, signing time, phone, outside, play, and thank you.

Her favorite activities are playing outside, petting Scout (she's surprisingly gentle about it), and coloring. If I put the crayons up she'll go to the counter and point to them until I take them down and let her color. Once she saw me lay on my tummy to color with her, so that's how she does it all the time now. It's quite adorable! I do have to watch her like a hawk when she has them, though, because a few days ago she tested them on the kitchen cupboards (luckily, it came right off) and then proceeded to taste test them (so, that's why they're non-toxic!).



Our little munchkin still isn't much of an eater. In fact, she's pretty much given up pureed baby food; which I'm happy about as long as she bumps up her consumption of finger foods. Oh, little one... I guess she does like some finger foods. Last week she discovered the bowl of chocolate mini eggs. She stood directly in front of it and pointed. Neither Brandon or myself thought she'd like it so we let her try it. BIG MISTAKE! The girl loves chocolate! For the next few days she'd randomly walk over to the bowl and sign "eat." Good thing we only bought one small bag...





She also recently discovered that she likes to feed herself yogurt. As you can tell from the pictures, there's a reason why we only give her yogurt with dinner (it's just before bath time).

And last, but not least, Baby Girl cut some molars. I know she has at least 2. It's quite possible that she has more, but the little stinker won't let me do much inspecting.

I love how independent she's becoming, but at the same time I can't believe my baby is a 14 month old toddler. They grow too quickly, don't they?

2 comments:

Ariane said...

Way too fast! I can't believe she colors. That must be a girl thing. She is darling. Thanks for putting up our button. We really appreciate it.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

She's a precious one!! This is such a fun stage - so much to learn and do!!