Sunday, April 4, 2010

We LuV GrAnDMa RuBy!



Last week my grandma (Ruby's namesake) came to visit. We did all kinds of fun things like...



SHOP
Seriously, way easier to do tag team style-- I actually had time to try clothes on. The last time I went clothes shopping with Ruby by myself she only lasted long enough for me to buy half a swimsuit.



Funny tidbit... at nearly every store we went to Grandma would pick up something for Ruby and say, "Oh, we'll save this for Easter." Usually it wasn't 10 minutes later that Little Ruby would be playing with it and Grandma would say, "Well, I'm not going to be here for Easter..." Grandmas are great at spoiling, aren't they?



PLAY @ THE PARK





We went several times-- and, of course, Grandma couldn't resist buying Roo Bear her first set of sand toys so that she'd stop "borrowing" toys from the other kids.




EAT


More crackers, please!


Someone loves straws and big kid cups-- oh boy!



Oh boy, did we eat! It's probably going to take me weeks to recover from all the fine dinning we did. We ate at the waterway by the mall twice. Ruby loved watching the boats come in and even shared some of her goldfish crackers with the fish and ducks.


How is this the only picture I got of me and my grandma all week?

BAKE



Every time Grandma comes to town we find a crafty project to attempt together. In years past she taught me a little about flower arrangements, cake decorating, cooking, and sewing. This year we tried something that neither one of us had ever done-- cake decorating with fondant. A friend shared her yummy marshmallow fondant icing recipe and after lots of work we were pleased with the result, but it was so time consuming and sticky that it will probably be awhile before I make it again.

VISIT


Ruby's favorite thing to do with Great Grandma-- go for a horsey ride. She'd walk up to Grandma's leg and bounce up and down until Grandma got the hint and gave her a horsey ride (complete with sound effects).



I have always loved to hear stories about my grandparents, and up until now I thought I had heard almost all of them. Last week my grandma shared some priceless stories with me about her life. I hope to post some of them within the next few weeks so that they can be a part of our family history forever. I don't ever want to forget the great legacy of faith, love, and patience that she has begun for all of us.



We sure love Grandma Ruby and feel blessed that she is such a big part of our life. We loved every minute of her visit and hope she can come back soon.

1 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Sounds like fun times!! Gotta love the grandmas. I'm so impressed with the cake - looks amazing!!