Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

I love Easter and springtime...fresh flowers, buds on trees, baby animals, chocolate, sundresses and sandals, the hope of months of sunshine, and of course a chance to celebrate and reflect on the wonderful life and resurrection of our Savior. It really is a great time of year.



Since General Conference fell on Easter Sunday this year Ruby wore her Easter dress to church the Sunday before Easter. I found it about 2 months ago and fell in love immediately. Doesn't it remind you of a yummy little cupcake? My friend Leslie reminded me that I might like this color combination as it is almost identical to how I painted her room.



Me thinks she is right...





Anyway, on Easter morning Ruby got to play with the toys/headbands that the Easter Bunny left behind for her. She especially loved the crayons! (Maybe we have a little artist on our hands.) Then we took her outside for an egg hunt.







Too bad it was drizzling, but it didn't seem to stop her. She mostly would walk around with one egg in each hand and then point to the eggs that she wanted Daddy to pick up and put in her basket. Later she realized that it is fun to open and close the eggs and throw them in her chair. She wasn't interested in the cheerios inside, though, luckily we have a puppy who was!



Just before the first session of conference we had a scrumptious brunch with our "Texas family" and a couple from Brandon's work....german pancakes, fresh fruit, homemade sticky buns, bacon (and turkey bacon), arrapas (did I spell that right?), and lots of juice. It was delish!!!!! Thanks everyone for pitching in-- it was way easier than a traditional Easter dinner to prepare and clean up.



During conference Ruby napped and played with Sean (our friends' 6 mo. old). We were touched by the messages that we could listen to and are excited to catch up on the others that we missed.



After conference the partying didn't stop-- we had lunch with our neighbors (the rest of our "Texas family"). So, we got some ham and rolls after all!

It was a wonderful day. We hope that the rest of you were able to get together with your friends and family to celebrate. May the reason for Easter-- the resurrection of our Lord and Savior-- be ever present in your hearts and minds.

1 comments:

Jamie and Ben said...

Oh my gosh, those were two long posts and yet I read every word and inspected every picture. I definitely don't want Charlotte to grow up too fast but a 14 month old definitely looks fun to have around.