Brandon had Good Friday off of work + free night's stay at the Marriott Residence Inn (thanks to all those points Brandon has accumulated traveling) + the itch to see Austin = cheap, fun, quick, weekend get away
Root beer? Gross! You drink it, Daddy!
Make that sound again!
My turn. I want to try to make that sound, too.
Ruby and Daddy at the capitol.
The famous one arm close up angle
Ruby is obsessed with water. The drinking fountains through out the capitol were her favorite attractions!
Taking a rest with Roo Bear
Some thoughts on Austin:
Downtown has some REALLY beautiful parks and trails, but it isn't very family-friendly. While you can bring your dog just about anywhere, some of the restaurants we tried to eat at didn't even have high chairs. We saw more homeless people (including one who wet his pants right in front of us) than we did in New Orleans and the traffic was terrible. I wasn't too impressed, but Brandon really loved the mountain biking access and I have to admit it was beautiful. I'd be willing to give it a second chance as long as we got a free hotel room again and had some "local" friends to show us around.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
1 comments:
Yes you definitely need to give it a second chance. All I know are the kid friendly, family friendly parts, as well as the beautiful hill area where my parents live. So you'll have to go with me sometime and I'm sure you would change your mind. Downtown is not the best...but to be honest I would choose here over Austin probably (people think I'm crazy for saying that) but I do love it there!
Post a Comment