I can hardly believe it-- my car recently hit the 100,000 mile mark. When I first got Roxette (yes I named my car) I was just 17 years old! Before that I had been driving Barbie (an 86 VW Cabrio Convertable). Even though I LOVED Barbie my grandma was convinced it wasn't reliable or safe. She insisted on buying me something more dependable. My only stipulation was that it had to be red and have only 2 doors. So, that's how Roxette came into my life. I drove her off the lot when she had just 14 miles on the odometer. Here is a list of some of the places she's taken me since then:
- Seminary and high school-- every day of my senior year
- Newport and Laguna Beach
- Disneyland and countless trips to various malls from California to Texas
- All of my jobs (office assistant, YMCA Day Camp Counselor, MTC teacher, elementary school teacher)
- The Linford's home in Yorba Linda (In fact, I was leaning against her in front of their home the first time Brandon tried to kiss me.)
- College and back home (more times than I can count)
- Traffic school for a speeding ticket in Nevada and later in Spanish Fork, UT
- The Los Angeles, San Diego, Salt Lake, American Fork, Provo, and Houston Temples
- All over southern and northern California, through out Utah, New Mexico, and a sizeable chunk of Tejas
- The dorms and all other apartments I called home while at BYU
- Harmony Square (mine and Brandon's first apartment) and, of course, our first home
3 comments:
I would fall in love too. I had a 94 astro van that I drove every where. Made for the best trips to the beach. It was great bedroom when I needed a place sleep after staying at the beach too long. It became a hang out place if there was ever a need to ditch from school or seminary. (which I can honestly say I never ditched school ever but I never graduated from seminary because everyday was a ditch day. Early mornings are brutal) Oh the good times that cars can bring! I love them even more now after reading your blog! We need to give more credit the Women (cars) driving us around for all the great trips down memory lane.
"(In fact, I was leaning against her in front of their home the first time Brandon TRIED to kiss me.)" - I need to hear the story behind this one. I'm laughing already.
Oh you DO still have Roxy! That was always such a nice car. Here's hoping she makes it another 50,000+. She very well could.
Post a Comment