Ever since I quit my day job I've heard this phrase a lot, "So, what are you up to now that you don't have to go to work anymore?" Well, here is a list of ways that I've been occupying my time.
Cleaning up after my dog destroys his "indestructible snake" toy (daily occurrence by the way).
Attempting decorative projects around the house
Gardening
Studying the scriptures
Injuring myself (and my ego) at the gym
Napping
Grazing (more often than I care to admit)
Hanging out with my girlfriends
Updating my blog more than necessary
Cleaning the palace (and garage)
Occasionally helping out with the quads
Vacationing (Utah last month, California this month, possible US Synthetic Road trip in June)
Making appointments (Suddenly I have the luxury of going to the doctor in the middle of the day; and I don't have to re-arrange Brandon's schedule in order to get our fridge inspected by the GE repair guy.)
Reading good literature
Watching way too much HGTV
Even though it has been fun and restful, I think I'm reaching my boredom limit. Doing whatever you want gets a little old after awhile. When we get back from California I think I'm going to deem my early summer vacation over and join the work force again.
In the meantime, I don't regret this little holiday. I really needed some time to recover from my last job. It was a very difficult and stressful 7 month experience. While I've been home I realized that it's okay to step away from life and take a small break. Sometimes you just need to re-evaluate and focus on finding your balance in order to be your best self.
Investigation Studio Party
5 years ago
2 comments:
I didn't know that you quit your job; good for you! You should come visit- we can go to Nauvoo, and St. Louis, and Chicago and Indianapolis (all within very short distances from us). Really, I live in a metropolitan hub!!!
holy cow girl, you quit your job? how fun for you! what inspired that little move...and when did that happen? i could swear just last month I was reading a blog about what your 3rd graders were writing about. enjoy the time off! come visit!
Post a Comment